Meet Mrs. Moreno
Welcome to 8th grade English! I am looking forward to a fun and challenging year ahead! I joined Elk Grove Unified School District in 2000 and have taught both elementary and middle school. I grew up in beautiful San Diego where I completed my schooling. I graduated from San Diego State (Go Aztecs!) and then obtained my teaching credential and Master’s Degree. It was in college where I met my husband who convinced me to move away from the beach to Sacramento!
My husband and I have two beautiful children, Brandon and Mia, and a wonderful dog Cooper. We are avid sports fans, and our two kids keep us really busy with their year-round games/events. When I am not at one of my kiddo's games or grading papers you can find me at the gym or curled up reading a good book.
A few facts about Mrs. Moreno…
· My hobbies include playing/watching sports, reading, and working out
· My favorite place to be is home with my family, but places I like to visit are San Diego, Yosemite, and Kauai
· I NEED my coffee (trust me...you will want me to have it too)
· I love Mexican food
· I am a die-hard Padre and Charger fan
· I would rather be barefoot and can’t stand socks
· I love the beach...although I'm terrified of being in the water
· I am very competitive and LOVE showing my school spirit
· I’m not a huge fan of excuses
· I believe there is a positive side to everything!
· I believe life is full of adversity. The sooner you acknowledge it, the easier it is to tackle it head on
I truly love what I do and am so excited to be your teacher. Let's have a GREAT year!!!